Wednesday, September 16, 2020

BY ZY

 LOVE OF FAMILY AND HOME


Hi Friends!

 FINALLY  Farmhouse Laundry Room Makeover   



I ordered some custom signs from my good friends at Heartland Roots for this space, too. If you're a native of Murphysboro or Southern Illinois, maybe you've heard of them. Right next door to my boutique, they have a brick and mortar location. They do custom orders and produce quality work at all times.They made the sign that you see here (which just happens to cover up my hideous electric panel – yay!) and also the other sign above my washer and dryer. I just Love them!!


A fast & simple DIY project was the little olive trees that you see on the bottom shelf. The picture frame on the black shiplap was bought at Kohl's. I tried to find it on their website, but had no success. But I did, within the last month or so, purchase it. Therefore, maybe it's still only available in-store.


It was fun & simple to decorate the shelves above the washer and dryer after scoring some cute & unexpected finds, such as this decorative tin "supplies". It was great colour and you won't believe where I found it! General Dollar! Our local store has recently undergone a makeover and they sometimes have some very nice decoration pieces. You just need to take the time to look around!

At the Hobby Lobby, I also snagged these glass jars and figured they would be great for holding our detergent and some decorative pins.

The Peel & Stick Floor Tile was another thing that fully transformed this space! I couldn't be more pleased with this. After seeing a few of my favourite bloggers / Instagrammers use this tile, I decided to go with it. (Sure check out Proverbs 31 Girl's Camper Remodel and Fancy Farm Girls' Laundry Room Reveal.) They're the brand of FloorPops and I ordered mine from Walmart. Can you find them HERE.They were super easy to instal and I had a brand new floor for about $50!


If you want more of a step-by - step process of how I was transforming this space, be sure to follow me on Instagram! "In my" Laundry Room "highlight tab, you can find all the details! There's also a tutorial for the olive trees and more detail about the "Magic Light Trick" there.



  

 

 

Laundry Basket Cart: I had that as a store show item for a couple of years. I bought it from another store owner who had gone out of business. I found THIS ONE online close though.


No comments: